Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tutorials for Realistic Pencil Portraits

If you have been following my blog, you'll notice that I had a sudden urge to dabble in portraits. I've been trying to draw portraits and caricatures for a while but they usually look a little too flat. So I decided to look for resources to learn to draw more realistic portraits. I love sketching with pencils and I was really amazed by some of the realistic looking portraits one could create using just pencils so I decided that was the medium I was going to go after.

After wading through different links/videos/resources and searching for a variety of portrait classes, I finally found one that "clicked." Check out the links below for the beginners and advanced version of the course:

The beginner's version is great for those who haven't tried portraits before. If you have already sketches a few portraits before and want to improve your technique, go for the advanced version. Both versions include step by step instructions with photos and exercises to practice the skills you've learnt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment